CSEP holders are required to recertify every five years to maintain the designation. Recertification will occur via industry and CSEP involvement determined by the ILEA Certification Committee. CSEPs must obtain a minimum of 25 points on the recertification application – no exam is required.
Recertification takes just 10 minutes if you’ve gathered all your documentation in advance!
CSEP Recertification Application
- A candidate applying for the CSEP recertification must have accumulated a minimum of 25 points before the recertification application may be submitted.
- All points claimed must have been accumulated within the past five years.
- It is important that all information requested on this form is completed and all attachments/verification provided. All points obtained must be validated by proper verification documentation.
- Each section of the CSEP recertification application should be labeled with verification documentation following. Each section of the points summary includes a listing of acceptable forms of verification documentation.
- Note: Materials submitted for point verification cannot be returned; DO NOT send originals unless you have a copy.
Points may be obtained through:
- Professional experience in the special events industry
- Special events industry organization membership and leadership
- Professional development and continuing education
- Professional industry contributions (including rating at least three CSEP exams)
- Volunteer activities
- Industry awards and professional designation
Earn Points from ILEA Live
If you attended ILEA Live 2019 8-10 August, 2019 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, you can earn CMP CE credits as well as CSEP points for the sessions you attended. Take a look below to find out how many credits and points each session was worth.
ILEA Headquarters will offer rater training webinars at least four times a year for existing CSEPs. It is required that all CSEPs complete this training before rating an exam and will only receive exams to rate electronically at that time. Each CSEP will be required to rate at LEAST three exams during a five-year period in order to be eligible to recertify.
||Time and Details
|CSEP Recertification Fee
||Current CSEPs are required to recertify every five years on or before November 30 to maintain designation.
|CSEP Recertification with Late Fee
||If CSEP recertifies between December 1-December 31 every fifth year, an additional $50 late fee is required.
|Failure to Recertify Fee
|| $600 USD
||To reinstate an expired CSEP designation, all exam application and registration steps must be completed.
Missed a webinar? Contact Tori Clucas at ILEA HQ for a recording.
Failure to Recertify
CSEPs who fail to recertify by the deadline lose their CSEP status and are removed from the CSEP directory.
Appeals will be referred to the ILEA Certification Committee for further consideration and decision.
Applicants with insufficient points to recertify may submit a written appeal of the recertification results. An applicant for CSEP recertification who has been notified that they received insufficient points to recertify may submit a written appeal to ILEA Headquarters within 30 days. An appeal of recertification review results may address the following:
Expired CSEPs must re-apply and pass the written examination in order to regain legal use of the CSEP designation.
The recertification applicant may submit additional information or documentation to update the application.
The applicant may provide further explanation of any items that were discounted by the reviewers.