Please email ILEA Headquarters by the due date listed below to sit for your desired exam window
Exam Window Exam Application and Exam Fee Due Date
15 - 30 January 1 December
15 - 30 April 1 March
15 - 30 July 1 June
15-30 October 1 September *
* Please note that the CSEP exam is changing in 2020 and 15-30 October 2019 is the last scheduled opportunity to take the exam until the new testing process is announced in 2020.
CSEP-Exam Application and Registration Fee Total: $600.00 USD
CSEP EXAM INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Proof of three (3) years full-time, practical events industry employment is required to qualify to take the CSEP exam. Internships and volunteer activities do not count towards the three year full-time requirement. Acceptable forms of documentation include but are not limited to: statement of employment verification from personnel or human resources official, copy of W2 forms, copy of 1040 forms, Business tax statements, t-4 forms, letters of incorporation, or business license plus proof of business ownership/leadership. *Resumes are not an acceptable form of verification. Applications will not be processed without the exam payment and proof of industry experience are submitted.
CSEP Exam Payment and Documentation of Industry Experience
Please provide proof of 3+ years of industry experience. Resumes are not an acceptable form of verification.
Once application with proof of experience is submitted, you will receive a $600 invoice to process payment online with a credit card or you may submit a check.
$600.00 USD exam fee made payable to the International Live Events Association. Include CSEP exam applicant's name in the memo of the check. Exam Payment is non-refundable.
Please send check payments to:
330 N. Wabash Avenue Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60611
CSEP Exam Application Statement of Affirmation
As an applicant for the CSEP exam, I:
- Affirm that the information and proof of my professional industry experience is correct and verifiable and that falsifying my experience will inhibit me from sitting for the CSEP exam.
- Agree to be bound by the program terms and fees in effect at the time I schedule my exam.
- Attest to the accuracy of the information provided to the fact that special events is my primary activity, and that I have been employed in the special events industry full-time for at least three (3) years.
- Understand that recertification is required every five (5) years.
- Understand that my CSEP exam application will not be processed until payment and proof of industry experience is accepted.
- Have reviewed the CSEP website and understand the procedures of the CSEP exam.
- Understand that the CSEP exam fee in non-refundable.